Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Just keep running

I have actually been running a couple times since I last posted. I increased to running 7 cycles of run 1 min, walk 1 min. Yesterday, when I went to the YMCA to run around the track I realized I dind't have my Apple Watch or my iPhone. So instead of running by time I had to figure out a different way. I decided to run 2 laps and then walk 1. I completed a total of 21 laps which are each 1/16th of a mile. So I completed a total of 1.31 miles.
I have started "making" my kids runs with me. Since we are all doing a 5K in March I think they should train too. We go to the YMCA 2-3 times a week for my daughter's swim practice so we run together then. My daughter resisted at first because she was afraid she would be too tired but now she asks to go early so she can run. It's good for her and I think it is helping her become a better swimmer. I am very happy that my desire to become healthier has become a family thing.
My boyfriend even came with us on Sunday. We have both gained weight since we started dating. We love food! LOL. Anyway, he has some health problems that I know would be improved by losing weight. High blood pressure and acid reflux. He's doing to 5k with us too so I am very proud of him for making the first step.

No comments:

Post a Comment