Tuesday, February 6, 2018

The struggle.

It's a struggle for me to be consistent. I wanted to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day and I haven't had one day so far that I've been able to do it. I bounce from one type of exercise to the other. A few weeks ago I went for a swim, the other day I went running but I don't do anything consistently.
I wanted to focus on one change at a time, but I also knew that when you start to focus on something it can tend to extend to other things. Even though I only wanted to focus on drinking water for like the first week, but I started eating more salads and started a running program. Anyway, I'm not sure how to narrow things down and stay focused. So today I started a list in my head of all the things I want to do for my health and overall well-being. Maybe I can start to prioritize. Here goes:
1) drink 8-10 glasses of water a day
2) eat more fruits and vegetables
3) eat less processed foods
4) start running
5) do yoga every day
6) start swimming
7) meditate every day
8) take vitamins
9) lose weight
10) have a more consistent sleep pattern
11) floss daily
12) see a therapist
13) start going to church again
14) watch less TV
15) pray
16) read more
17) make new friends
18) call my family more often
19) increase my social life
Of course, for some reason right now I can't come up with nearly as many things as I did yesterday. And then I start feeling overwhelmed; like this is a list of all the things I "Should" be doing. I feel condemned. So maybe I will make another list of all the things I am doing for my health and well-being.
1) walk my dog twice a day
2) in the past two weeks, getting 7-8 hours of sleep per night consistently (highly unusual for me)
3) cooking more and eating out less
4) went running Sunday
5) drinking more water
6) spend time with my boyfriend
7) journaling through my blog
8, 9, 10 ,11) in the past month I went to the dentist, to the gynecologist, had an annual physical, and had my first mammogram
12) eating more salads
13) hugging my kids and boyfriend
14) read the bible to my son
15) FaceTime with my parents
16) helped my kids with their school projects

So here is a new statement of affirmation for me. One day at a time, I am making small changes to become a healthier, happier, better adjusted person.

No comments:

Post a Comment