Thursday, February 22, 2018

Gauging my progress

I can definitely tell I am getting healthier. I just feel better. Lots of times we measure our success by numbers. I honestly can't tell you if I've lost weight. I forgot to get my weight when I first started. I stepped on the scale after about a week from when I started and I weight 228 pounds. Ugh, that's more than I weighed during my pregnancies and the most I have ever weighed. Depressing. So I really haven't been on the scale.
So how do I know it's working? Well, for one thing I don't believe weight should be the main focus. People are more successful in achieving their health goals and maintaining them if the focus is on something more meaningful. I want to have more energy. I want to be able to walk (or run) up the stairs without getting so winded. I want to feel more comfortable in my clothes. So far, I do. I can tell my clothes fit a little better and I can see a little in my face that I am getting fitter. Running is getting a little easier. And most importantly I think my mood is better.
Maybe I will weigh myself again down the road but for now I am satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment